Wednesday, June 16, 2021

DEAT


DEAT = Drop Everything And Talk.

To encourage the students to build on their Speaking and Listening skills, every week we are given a question to discuss in class. Here are some responses from the children.

1. What is your favourite day of the week and why?

AURELIUS: I like Sunday because I get to make a tree house.

ZORAIZ: My favourite day is Friday because I play Nintendo. 

MARK: I like Monday. I go swimming and watch TV all day.

ARLO: My best day is Thursday because we do technology.

2. Pretend you are a chef and describe your restaurant?                                                

JIANNA: I will put decorations.

ILINA: My restaurant has rainbow colour painting.

ADVIK: I will cook special rice for everyone.

PARISA: I will dress-up and cook food.

3. What Australian animal would you NOT like to meet? Why?

CHARLENE: I don’t want to meet a crocodile because it has sharp teeth and claws.

HARRISON: I wouldn’t like to meet a shark. It has sharp teeth and can bite you.

RIA: I would not like to meet a crab because it has sharp pincers.

HADYA: I don’t like meeting snakes. They have poison in their teeth. 

ZIA: I don’t want to meet a stingray because it can sting me.

JAMES: I don’t like wombats because they make my ‘heart small’.

4. What makes you laugh?

KATERINA: When Mum tells jokes.

HAMESH: When Mrs Fletcher makes a surprised face!

INDY-ROSE: The hospital clown who makes me and Stevie laugh.

TOBIAS: When we do funny dancing.

HANIYA: When my sister does crazy things.

MRS FLETCHER: Harrison’s funny jokes! e.g. What do you call a Koala bear that has no teeth? 

“A Gummy Bear!”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Term 3 Week 10

  WEEK 10 It is hard to believe that it is already week 10 of Term 3! It has been an extremely busy term and all our children have worked re...